Friday, February 20, 2009

Katelynism and... random thought by Kelly

Katelyn and I took Jonathan to the doctor's office today because he was wheezing. Turns out he has asthmatic symptoms and an upper respiratory infection, needs antibiotics and breathing treatments for 7-10 days. Poor little guy. Katelyn has improved SO much in her visits to the doctor, though, from crying and screaming upon arrival in the parking lot to cheerfully skipping in and informing the nurses and doctor all about her brother's symptoms. She's like a little mom. The kids' pediatrician is the best (she was mine when I was a kid!) and is so sweet to Katelyn - even when we go just for Jonathan, she gives Katelyn a lollipop.

After we'd left and were driving home, Katelyn happily licking her candy, she asked for her water cup. She said, "Mommy, I'm so drinky! Drinky and lollipoppy!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had Bible study at our house tonight and about 20 minutes into the study, I needed to go to the bathroom. I've been drinking tons of water the past week since I've been sick, so potty trips are a frequent part of life. The reason I bring it up is this: I went 2 1/2 hours past that original need to go before I finally visited the restroom! I love, love, LOVE the fact that I can do that! Only moms will understand this thrilling response - I know it's been a while since pregnancy pee trips for me, but still. I'm THRILLED.

No comments: