Sunday, October 11, 2009

Growing Up

My kids are growing up so fast! Katelyn is four years old, smart as can be, and attending AWANA Cubbies. She loves to do "Bible time" with me at home and can quote a solid dozen verse from memory, as well as a handful of hymns we've been singing together. She is such a loving child, snuggling all the time, and telling us she loves us constantly. She can't wait to start school at home with me (since her friends Alysse and Jaden are already homeschooled, she thinks its the greatest!). We work on some "papers" almost every day to get her used to the routine of school and she thrives on it! She can write her name (albeit somewhat illegibly to people other than me!), knows the names and sounds of all the letters (upper and lowercase), and can trace letters almost perfectly. I'm so proud of her for all of this, but my continued prayer is less that she would be a smart child and more that she would love and serve Jesus with all her heart.

Jonathan is growing more assertive as he approaches his second birthday. He is still a cuddle bug and a very "easy" child in most senses. He eats whatever I put in front of him, sleeps like a dream, rarely cries and plays on his own for huge chunks of time. He has learned the word "no" however and is starting to use it much more frequently. His will is strong (we've had several stand offs that have lasted anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour and a half!), but his heart is tender (he always wants to hug and snuggle afterwards). I continue to pray for him to love the Lord at an early age so that he can serve Him all of his life.

My heart definitely has room to love more children if God (and David!) are willing. Whether that means more children of our own, adopted little ones, or just the continued opportunity to care for Noah and his future sibling, I'm grateful for the chance to use my gifts in loving and caring for children. What a blessing they are!

1 comment:

Annette B said...

You know my story and its happy ending. So I'd strongly encourage you to think of adopting. I know you and David and all your family would love an adopted child as if it were blood. And how fortunate that child would be. On top of that, it would be much easier on your back to not have to go through pregnancy...just a thought. love you lots kelly. auntie annette